If you experience chronic pain and depend on chiropractic adjustment benefits, the current public health pandemic is likely impacting how and when you can receive that care. Many health care providers are struggling with maintaining social distancing guidelines while continuing to care for their patients. Some health care practitioners, including chiropractors, are reducing hours or suspending services because of the health situation. If you are one of the millions of Americans who depend on consistent chiropractic care, you want to know how COVID-19 affects chiropractor care. Seeing a chiropractor is still essential for those who experience chronic panic. Read below for information on how Franson Chiropractic is currently navigating chiropractic care:
Social Distancing and Chiropractic Care
Healthcare practitioners are maintaining social distancing standards to ensure the health and safety of patients and staff. Within a chiropractic setting, social distancing is limiting the number of people that can be seen daily and, therefore, may result in longer wait times between appointments. Fortunately, at Brett Franson Chiropractic, we see our patients one at a time and encourage you to make an appointment with us first.
First, people with musculoskeletal conditions such as osteoporosis or osteoarthritis should continue seeing a chiropractor. These conditions affect the joints, bones, and muscles, and people with these ailments can end up in a hospital if they do not continue their care routine. According to the World Health Organization, musculoskeletal conditions are the leading cause of disability worldwide. Visiting a chiropractor is one of the main treatment options for this condition, and stopping treatment isn’t an option if you want to maintain optimal health.
Routine Chiropractic Care is Essential
Other conditions require regular chiropractic care, even during the current health situation. If you are experiencing the symptoms listed below, you should still visit your chiropractor, if possible. Franson Chiropractic offers care options to help alleviate all these problems.
- Chronic pain: If you have been experiencing pain continuously for more than three months, you need to seek treatment. Pain signals may be active in the nervous system for months or even years, so continuous treatment is recommended.
- Back pain: If you have experienced back pain in the past due to the hours spent in front of the computer while working remotely, the pain may worsen. Don’t ignore this pain as it could be a signal of a more complex problem.
- Migraines: Millions of Americans experience monthly migraines that cause moderate to severe pain. Symptoms, including nausea or weakness, are also common. Chiropractic care can help alleviate these debilitating symptoms.
- Sciatica: Sciatica is nerve pain that starts in the lower back along the path of the sciatic nerve and can gradually travel to other parts of the body, including the hips and the buttocks. You should not ignore this pain if it has been recurring for more than two months.
- Neck pain: A common ailment if you spend a lot of time at the computer is neck pain. Neck muscles can become extremely strained from poor posture. This can lead to more serious issues if left untreated.
Other problems, including scoliosis, pinched nerves, and Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, can also be alleviated from routine chiropractic care, and discomfort should not be left untreated.
Benefits of Seeing a Chiropractor
Although millions of individuals visit chiropractors regularly for medical issues, there are still a lot of misconceptions regarding chiropractic care. Treatment from a chiropractor can help alleviate a wide variety of issues and is an essential mechanism of pain relief for many people. Below are some of the benefits that may come with seeing a chiropractor:
- Improves joint function and mobility
- Strengthens the immune system
- Improves nerve system function
- Decreases inflammation issues associated with a subluxation
- Supports the illness or surgery recovery process
- Improves energy and sleep
- Decreased pain
There are also many benefits for athletes, including increased athletic performance and chronic pain alleviation from sports injuries.
Contact Franson Chiropractic Today
At Franson Chiropractic, we strive to provide comprehensive, quality service to all customers, even during the current public health crisis. We understand many people depend on care for pain relief, and we are doing everything we can to treat patients while remaining compliant with health guidelines and regulations. Contact us today to discuss your treatment options.
Receiving Chiropractic Adjustment Benefits During COVID-19 | Franson Chiropractor – Houston, TX